The demand for milk and beef in our country has grown rapidly. Annually, our country has spent nearly $1billion for importing milk, 300-350 thousand buffaloes, live cattle slaughtering and tens of thousand tons of meat were imported to meet consumer demand due to unmet domestic livestock. Cattle raising is unstable in domestic, unstable and difficult due to lack of seeds and low productivity. Re-production is not high, irregular and depend on the world market for dairy and beef. To aim the stable domestic cattle industry, efficient and sustainable, Vietnam Ruminant Husbandry Association under support from ILDEX organizer will hold workshop on above subject.
- Providing for domestic farmers and consumers about the situation of raising cattle in Vietnam for past and development for future
- Introduce some main solutions on breed, technique and management to help farmers raise the capacity of livestock in terms of productivity, re-production, etc.
- Details of livestock development strategies, product purchasing policies and animal rights.
The workshop has reports as bellows
- Status of meat and dairy farming in our country and the upcoming development orientation.
- Measures to improve cow reproductive.
- Livestock development strategy and dairy products purchasing policy of some companies.
- New technology in artificial insemination to choose gender (Korea)
- Introduce some breeds of cows and new embryos, which are high productivity and can be used in the breed conditions in Vietnam.
- Thoughts on developing sustainable meat and dairy in Vietnam.
- Experiences and lessons on cow farming and meat processing in Tra Vinh.
- Some measure to develop hybrid beef (BBB beef and yellow beef) and the service system on developing sustainable of hybrid beef.
- Production of organic milk at TH True Milk company.
- Information about animal interests in the world and Vietnam.
- Experience dairy husbandry and dairy processing in Vietnam.
Regarding the limited seats, please register before 28/02/2018 to get the confirmation from organizer.